Effective October 24, 2022, Treutlen County Transit Van will only run for Medical Appointments, until further notice. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please read the guidelines for transit van:
- The cost to ride the transit van is $6.00 per person, round trip.
- All Doctor appointments need to be called into the office 24 hours in advance.
- Please make all your appointments in a timely manner due to the transit van having to be closed by 5pm.
- No food or drinks.
- No kids under the age of 16 (must have a guardian).
- No store/shopping runs at this time.
The Treutlen County Board of Commissioners are looking for a candidate to be appointed to the Aging Advisory Board for the Heart of Georgia Altamaha Regional Commission Area Agency on Aging. This Board meets Quarterly (4 times per year), usually on the 3rd Tuesday of every third month (January, April, July, October). The Advisory Board is available to share information about services in their communities as well as help develop area plans that are developed every 4 years and updated annually. If you have any questions or are interested in serving on this Board, please contact County Clerk Angie Hooks at 912-529-3664, 1830 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Soperton, GA 30457. A copy of the Advisory Bi-laws are also available at the Board of Commissioners Office.
A portion of Anderson Pond Road, between Gopher Ridge Road and GA Hwy 86, will be closed to thru traffic, due to road repairs/culvert replacement. The County will announce when the road will be opened back up. If you have any questions, please call the Treutlen County Board of Commissioners Office at 912-529-3664.